Wednesday, August 17, 2011

September Goals- Fynn

-Identify colors with color of the week (red, yellow, green, blue, orange, pink, purple, white, black)
-Identify shapes with shape of the week (circle, square, triangle, rectangle)
-Identify letters in his name
-prepositions (in, under, next to, above, below, behind; I am pretty sure he knows most of these)
-practice counting objects
-more and less
-listen to me read one book with out getting up (Fynn, independent to the core, has a hard time sitting through one book)
-basic puzzles

Why goals for Fynn?

Mostly because he doesn't want to be left out. He is going to want to have school, just like his sister. I don't think 3 year olds need to work on academic tasks. There is plenty of research out there on the importance of learning through play and I agree with it. I just need some tasks lined out for Fynn to do when I work with Providence.

1 comment:

  1. Oooo I hadn't thought about prepositions for Xander ... not even sure which ones he knows. Looking forward to seeing how you plan on teaching this!

    ReplyDelete