Friday, October 7, 2011

So, how's it going?

I get this question on occasion. When Providence's pre-K teachers as, they understand when I shrug and say: "you know, it's Providence."

Fynn is so much more pleasant to work with. He likes to do it. He will draw and match and sort for me. He is just as much an over achiever as his brother, it's just currently presenting itself in the gross motor department.

Some days I want to bang my head repeatedly against the wall with Providence, though I love her dearly. Yesterday for example, went like this:

10am: Attempt to get started.
10:15: Still discussing how "I can't do it! It's too hard! I hate school!"
10:20: I give up.
1:00: Try again.
1:15: Providence has completed 4 phonics pages on her own.
1:25: Providence has finished her math.
1:30-2:00: We learn about dinosaurs and draw pictures.


Please, child, give me a little consistency. I completely get that your biggest challenge , is often your biggest reward. When you finally convince that underachiever to achieve, wow, how accomplished you both feel.

Here's hoping that happens sooner, rather than later. I may end up with a very bruised head.

1 comment:

  1. she is one lucky girl to have you as a momma! i hope that if God ever calls me to home-school, he gives me your patience!

    ReplyDelete